Vetafarm South American Mix
Vetafarm South American Mix

Vetafarm South American Mix

Regular price $51.00 $0.00
Shipping $5 or FREE on orders $75 and over

Complete diet for conures, amazons, and macaws

South American Mix is recommended for South American parrots such as conures, amazons and macaws. South American Mix can be used for any pet or breeding South American bird.

South American Mix has been developed to provide complete nutritional balance for growth, breeding, brain function, and optimum feather development when fed at 80% of the total diet.

South American Mix has been designed to meet the nutritional needs of South American parrots for both breeding and companion birds. The pellets have been cooked through an extrusion process, which allows for quicker absorption and a higher uptake of nutrients into the bird. South American Mix is made from human-grade ingredients grown in Australia with added fresh nuts for stronger palatability.

Feed pellets at a rate of approximately 8g per 100g of bodyweight – consisting of 80% of the diet. The remaining 20% should consist of a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables (15%) and fresh, hand-selected nuts (5%) such as almonds, walnuts and macadamias. For example, a small conure (approx. 100g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 8g of South American Mix per day. A medium amazon (approx. 400g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 30g of South American Mix per day. A large macaw (approx. 800g bodyweight) requires a minimum of 60g of South American Mix per day.

    Store in a dry area below 30°C. 

    Whole Australian grains and nuts (wheat, corn, soy bean, peanuts, and almonds), potato starch, chicory root extract, vegetable oils and natural organic acids, amino acids (lysine, methionine, and threonine), choline, vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H, and K), and minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur, and zinc).

    Min. Crude Protein 19.0%, Min. Crude Fat 7.0%, Max. Fibre 4.0%, Max. Salt (NaCl) 0.5%, Calcium 0.8-1.0%, Phosphorus 0.4%, Vitamin A (min.) 6000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 (min.) 2000 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min.) 150mg/kg